LHA Data Portal
The Leipzig Health Atlas (LHA) hosts many different data sets, models, and publication results. All these were developed using epidemiological or clinical studies, with a variety of questionnaires, medical examinations and other data collecting instruments.
Finding and comparing metadata for the different studies within the LHA can be tedious and time consuming. To facilitate this process, an integrative platform providing the LHA studies metadata must be supplied so that each individual publication and/or associated study can provide their metadata in this repository.
The Leipzig Research Centre for Civilization Diseases (LIFE) already developed a suitable application called Data Portal. This guided tour demonstrates the use of the Data Portal to find metadata for the “LIFE Adult Study” project.
4 Guided Tour
- Find the “LIFE Adult Study” project within the LHA, using the search or the link below
- Click on “LHA Data Portal” to access the Data Portal, or use the link below
- Provide your login information
- All Instruments used in the LIFE Adult Study are now shown, to narrow the results the search mask can be used
- Type “BMI” inside the search input field and press EnterSearch Input Field in the Data Portal
- Click on “Body Mass Index”, which has the “Auswertung” Annotation
- Further information about the instrument is provided in the sidebar
- All items incorporated in the instrument can be seen on the right hand side
Finding and understanding forms and items used within specific projects incorporated in the Leipzig Health Atlas is facilitated using a Metadata Browser, the LHA Data Portal. Furthermore connections between different projects within the same study can be revealed, as they often use the same instruments to gather data.